Trying to get blood from a stone, at Domain:
Embattled Liberal MP Gladys Liu has requested her party pay back at least $100,000 she donated to her campaign to win the marginal Melbourne seat of Chisholm.
Ms Liu contributed the money to her own election campaign in the lead-up to the May 18 poll after she was told by the Liberal Party more money was needed to hold on to the seat.
Several sources within the party’s Victorian branch have confirmed the Hong Kong-born MP in recent months has asked for the six-figure sum to be paid back, claiming the payment was a loan.
Senior party officials have pushed back against the request, saying they were not told the donation was a loan when it was made at the start of the election campaign.
Good luck. Let’s reprise how Gladys Liu came to power. Ms Liu:
- occupied senior positions in CCP propaganda outfits;
- courted and channeled CCP money opposed to Australian foreign and strategic policy goals into the Government;
- donated large sums of her “own” cash to help buy the Chisolm electorate;
- defrauded the ethnic Chinese denizens of Chisolm with fake election signage;
- refused to personally endorse Australian foreign policy tenets around China;
- mumbled alarming things about Hong Kong in the Party Room;
- used and abused the credibility of parliament house to aid campaigns for CCP control;
- then lied about much of it directly into the face of the Australian people.
Peter Dutton once described Sam Dastayari as a “double agent” for far less. I don’t recall anybody being murdered to open a vacancy for his case candidacy either.
Question: How is it that Ms Liu qualifies as a fit and proper person to be in the Australian Parliament when “double agent” Sam Dastayari does not?
Answer: Ms Liu holds the Morrison Government’s majority in the palm of her hand so here we are. Making a complete mockery of any Coalition claim to national security leadership.