MacroBusiness is Australia’s leading business, economics and investment blog. Its mission is to bridge the gulf between the Australian business media and reality.
That this gap exists without the heavy-hand of a dictator is testament to the power of vested interests, monopolies, weak government, closed ideologies and a perennial culture of populism.
In effect, it means our leadership class can make unaccountable economic and business blunders while being measured against inappropriate yardsticks.
At MacroBusiness we measure our economy and our elite against the lessons of history, reason and ideas to provide a better discussion for your investments and business.
- David Llewellyn-Smith writes as Houses and Holes. David is a macroeconomic analyst and former trader. He is the founding publisher and former Global Economy Editor of The Diplomat magazine, now the Asia Pacific’s leading geo-politics and economics website. He is also the co-author of The Great Crash of 2008 with Ross Garnaut and Editor of the Second Garnaut Climate Change Review. He is the Editor-in-chief and Publisher of MacroBusiness.
- Leith van Onselen writes as the Unconventional Economist. Leith has previously worked as an economist at the Australian Treasury, Victorian Treasury and Goldman Sachs. He has a strong background in economic policy and financial sector regulation. Leith holds a Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) degree from Melbourne University and a Graduate Diploma of Applied Finance and Investment from the Securities Institute of Australia (now FINSIA).. Leith can also be found on twitter: twitter.com/leithvo
- Chris Becker writes as The Prince. Chris is an investment strategist with a strong background in portfolio management, asset allocation, equities analysis and trading. He was previously the investment manager for Empire Investing focusing on value in the Australian small and mid cap sector. He was also the senior financial advisor and portfolio manager for boutique financial services company, Growth Plus, in Brisbane. Chris is a professional trader with ten years of shares, commodities and options trading experience..
- Delusional Economics is horrified at the state of economic commentary in Australia and is determined to cleanse the daily flow of vested interests propaganda to produce a balanced counterpoint.
- Deep T. is a senior banking insider who is fed up with his colleague’s reliance on public support.
- Cameron Murray writes as Rumpelstatskin. Cameron is a professional economist with a broad range of interests and a diverse background in property development, environmental economics research and economic regulation. In his writing Cameron aims to bring reliable insights from the academic and technical literature into the mainstream economic debate. He is an occasional lecturer in environmental economics at QUT.
MacroBusiness is published by Macro Associates Pty Ltd.