Key points from the UK’s COVID Symptom Study:
- No vaccines contain COVID-19.
- Pfizer better than AZ in infection risk reduction after one shot but both good:
- 90% reduction in hospitalisations.
- “Definite immunity” still a work in progress.
- Variants are “clobbered” by the second dose of vaccines.
- South African version definitely and probably Brazilian.
- Single-dose still diminishes symptoms of variants.
- COVID is not as mutatable as flu and it may not become it.
- Side effects lower than in trials. AZ higher but not a concern. AZ has more side effects first dose. Pfizer more on second:
- No relationship between side effects and vaccine efficacy.
Full video here. Reassuring stuff: