The recent Chinese trade war on itself via Australia has contributed to tremendous rises in the iron ore price. If it needed any further convincing, this has tipped the scale for the CCP’s long-held dream of creating a substantial African iron ore alternative.Departing Glencore chief executive Ivan Glasenberg, who knows a thing or two about dodgy emerging market regimes, today confirms it at the AFR where he says:
- Development of Simandou is certain. “Personally yes, I am very certain.”
- Aussie coal is banned for good.
- South Africa has taken the market share and Aussie coal was now going to India to fill the gap left by South Africa. Fungibility people!
Long term, iron ore is buggered. I am very certain.
- Scott Morrison is unfit to govern - February 18, 2021
- Wolf warrior: Australia must abandon “ideology” to get along - February 17, 2021
- ACCC: ScoMo Gas Unplan to deliver supply shortage, price spike - February 17, 2021
There are 85 words left in this subscriber-only article.
Start your free 14-day trial today!