It was the absolute whipping boy of the crisis. Now it’s the superstar of the markets rebound. Is the AUD now a safe haven of the Coronavirus crisis? On the agenda, we discuss the rebound and and the drivers of AUD to investigate further.
Drivers covered will include:
1. global and Australian growth (or, more recently, Chinese growth and Australia’s terms of trade);
2. interest rate differentials;
3. investor sentiment and technicals; and
4. the relative strength of the US dollar.
We’ll conclude by discussing the investment implications of this going forward
Join MB Fund’s Head of Investments Damien Klassen, Chief Strategist David Llewellyn-Smith, and Head of Operations Tim Fuller as they cover “IS AUD a Coronavirus safe haven?”.
The information on this blog contains general information and does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Past performance is not an indication of future performance. Tim Fuller is an authorised representative of Nucleus Wealth Management, a Corporate Authorised Representative of Nucleus Advice Pty Ltd – AFSL 515796.
- MB Fund Podcast: How to find Income in a 0% Interest Rate Environment (updated with podcast audio) - July 9, 2020
- MB Fund Podcast: Coronavirus to kill Australian property (updated with podcast version) - July 3, 2020
- MB Fund Podcast: Is the recovery driven by Robinhood & Robots? With Kevin Muir (The Macro Tourist) – Updated with podcast audio - June 26, 2020