Via News comes ABC Q&A at new lows:
Appearing on Q&A on Monday night, UQ philosophy student Drew Pavlou told the panel he had been assaulted by a “co-ordinated group of thugs” after helping to organise the protest on July 24.
[Tony Jones said]…”To be clear, there have been reports you also were sending some pretty inflammatory social media postings to the pro-Chinese students. Did the situation in the case of your demonstration become inflamed because both sides were behaving intolerantly?”
With a wry smile on his face, Mr Pavlou responded.
“Look, that’s a really, really embarrassing question, I think, Tony,” he said.
“I went into the protest completely peacefully. Look, I may have responded to death threats by being a bit immature and responding with insults but the fact that I went in as a peaceful protester and was assaulted by a co-ordinated group of masked thugs and I’m being called a violent protester and you’re saying that there is violence on ‘both sides’ it reminds me a bit of Trump, ‘there is fine people on both sides’ in the whole Charlottesville debacle. You know how it is.”
Mr Pavlou claims, after organising the protests at UQ, he was hit with a dozen death threats from people supporting the Chinese Communist Party and his enrolment was questioned by the university.
Perhaps Ita Buttrose has the answer:
Buttrose attended an Aussie Home Loans conference on Monday, appearing on a panel with ANZ boss Shayne Elliott and Aussie founder John Symond, moderated by Nine business editor Ross Greenwood.
Asked about the leadership upheaval at the broadcaster over the past year, Buttrose noted such changes were usually unsettling for staff – but particularly at the ABC.
“Creative people, the kind of people who work at the ABC, are very sensitive people,” she said.
“You’ve got to understand that – that’s why they do the sort of things that they do.
“So they’re a little more fragile than some workers. They have to be patted a bit, and reassured that all is well,” Buttrose said to laughter.
Or perhaps Tony just know who his new masters are, also at News:
Tony Jones is the man who gave us one of Australia’s finest traditions: screaming at the television on a Monday night while tweeting with enough anger to break your phone screen with your thumbs.
But now, the host of ABC’s weekly Q&A program has announced his intention to step down.
The 63-year-old presenter said he would “reluctantly” give up his role as the show’s main host before the end of 2019, The Australian reports.
He will travel to Asia with his wife, fellow ABC presenter Sarah Ferguson, as she takes on a new role as the ABC’S China bureau chief.
Ahh, the Fake Left, raging about injustice on the way to Davos via Beijing.