The ABS has released August Labour Force and the news is good as the Botox Boom delivers for while:
TREND ESTIMATES (MONTHLY CHANGE)
- Employment increased 27,100 to 12,249,500.
- Unemployment decreased 2,200 to 723,200.
- Unemployment rate remained steady at 5.6%.
- Participation rate increased by 0.1 pts to 65.2%.
- Monthly hours worked in all jobs increased 3.9 million hours (0.2%) to 1,708.6 million hours.
SEASONALLY ADJUSTED ESTIMATES (MONTHLY CHANGE)
- Employment increased 54,200 to 12,269,000. Full-time employment increased 40,100 to 8,392,300 and part-time employment increased 14,100 to 3,876,700.
- Unemployment decreased 1,100 to 727,500. The number of unemployed persons looking for full-time work increased 6,400 to 501,600 and the number of unemployed persons only looking for part-time work decreased 7,500 to 225,900.
- Unemployment rate remained steady at 5.6%
- Participation rate increased by 0.2 pts to 65.3%.
- Monthly hours worked in all jobs increased 6.1 million hours (0.4%) to 1,705.4 million hours.
Trend is the only reliable measure, moving solidly along.
Much more to come.