- Is money just… nothing? Noahpinion
- Is government… not a household? Naked Capitalism
- Are we ready for a Keynesian utopia? John Quiggin
- The lost world of George McGoven. New York Times
- The US bright spot. FT Alphaville
- QE3, as reflected by MBS on the Fed’s balance sheet. Sober Look
- Ottawa’s rejection of Petronas will hurt. Reuters Canada
- The €153bn cost of Europe’s lost generation. Guardian
- BP board approves sale of THK JV stake to Rosneft. Now the oligarchs have Putin as a partner. Quartz
- Elsewhere, the James Bond of finance is about to clean up Vatican Bank. The Economist
- Banking union will not end Europe’s crisis. Wolfgang Munchau. In case you missed it yesterday.
- Chinese court prepares for Ferrari-gate trial. Wall Street Journal
- Japan’s trade deficit hits six-months record. Asahi Shimbun. So much from the positive vibes given by Chinese export figures.
- Indeed, part of the reason was the East China Sea dispute. Financial Times
- No need for Chinese stimulus however with low unemployment. Wall Street Journal. Sorry 3D1K.
- How Tepco is dealing with a corporate meltdown. Financial Times
- What China can teach America about Iran. Washington Post
- MYEFO: Swan will take $900m in unclaimed super. SMH
- MYEFO: Fiscal outlook increases chances of a rate cut. Business Day
- MYEFO: Monthly tax bill will help plug budget gap. Business Day
- MYEFO: Is this all a short-sighted surplus approach? The Australian
- MYEFO: It’s ‘cooking the books’, says Abbott. Financial Review
- MYEFO: Another response from the right. Robert Gottliebsen
- MYEFO: probably the best read – the politics of surplus from Tim Colebatch
- Toorak mansion sells for $17 million. Domain
- Super-trawler is banned. The Australian
- RBA unveils its new MBS regime. Financial Review
- Graincorp shares soar on US bid. Ninemsn. An early Macro Investor stock tip.
- Ansell on track to lift earnings. Business Day. A more recent MI stock tip.
- Ayn Rand outsells Marx in India by 16 to 1. Quartz. Not exactly outstripping the Bhagavad Gita though.
- The renaissance of geographic history. New Yorker
- Are reality shows worse than other TV? New York Times
- A journey to India’s north-east. The Economist
Latest posts by MacroBusiness (see all)
- Does Labor want to govern or not? - May 19, 2021
- MB Christmas Special Report: The bell tolls for Australia - December 16, 2019
- MB Q3 Subscribers’ Report: Is Australia’s housing recovery a bull trap? - October 3, 2019