- Xstrata to fight Glencore’s new bid – Telegraph UK and a slightly cynical look at who else might win from the new bid, Bloomberg
- If I didn’t have to spread sheet I don’t think I’d have a PC or laptop anymore. Intel uts sales outlook on weak PC demand – Reuters
- Macro Morning will be back Monday and we have some really interesting price moves to talk about but in the mean time here is Bloomberg’s wrap.
- QE 3 coming next week – WSJ Blog
- Bill Gross agrees – Bloomberg
- Forbes wondering if it was QE 3 bad – here
- US Stocks wobble after weak jobs report – Sky
- Wall Street closes at multi year highs – Reuters The different takes are interesting aren’t they?
- Ritholtz making the point that this is the most hated rally in history – Big Picture
- This is one of the most compelling battles out there I think – Amazon v Apple. Fortune
US Jobs Report:
- 96,000 jobs disappoints – BBC and Bloomberg
- Jobs were weak but unemployment rate dropped – here’s why. WSJ
- Chances of QE just rose after jobs report – WSJ blog
- Super Mario reaches German politics – FT
- Merkel defends the ECB in Germany – Reuters. Proof Draghi is winning?????
- Nationalist backlash in Italy and Spain over Draghi plan – Telegraph UK
- Here’s why, “Asmussen says hard reforms a condition for ECB bond buying” – Reuters
- A big September for Europe – CME Group
- Spain to discuss bailout next week – Reuters
- Morgan Stanley reckons Draghi is going to deepen the European recession – BI
- APEC CEO’s downbeat – Sky
- China approves $157 Billion in infrastructure – Reuters
- China’s big infrastructure projects in one slide – Business Insider
- Chinese steelmakers lost money in July – WantChinaTimes
- MSM goes all MB – Peter Martin on how the China slowdown is going to impact revenues – Business Day
- Alan Mitchell channelling us as well in the AFR on falling back to earth – here
- It was always going to happen – “labor goes after super tax breaks” – AFR Watch what happens to the big pool of super over the next 20 years. Government intervention and direction of investment funds anyone?
- BHP sells RBM stake to Rio – Sky
- Qantas rating lowered – Sky
- Mirvac is pushing Tinkler – AFR free version at Business Day here.
- Couple of surfing Pictures, roll on Summer – here and here
- This is something I’m not sure I would cope with – Swimmer circled by at least 10 sharks. Yahoo
- This is amazing – Bionic Eyes. Bloomberg