- Aircraft carriers are awesome The Diplomat and expensive, and necessary…
- Commodity boom has peaked as QE3 (and BOJ QE9,10,11…) has faded Bloomberg
- Robert Shiller (of Irrational Exuberance fame) tears apart the econ convention on telling stories Project Syndicate
- Jobless claims, slowing manufacturing points to stagnant economy Reuters Chart from Scotty Barber here
- Stocks fall on worries that QE3 won’t do anything Bloomberg worry? Its a fact! But perceptions, not facts drive markets
- Stephen Roach calls it all a charade Credit Writedowns
- Charts! of QE’s ineffectiveness FT Alphaville
- More charts! Copper vs US equities correlation Scotty Barber at Reuters
- Final chart! Where is the US in its “beautiful” deleveraging? Business Insider
- Household debt is rising however Reuters – hence unemployment not going up as income from debt offset a slump
- Angela Merkel: Woman of Mystery Business Insider
- Spain borrowing costs ease: crisis averted Reuters phew
- Sweden stimulates as Europe sucks revenue Bloomberg
- Chinese to strike gold down under WSJ saw this 1st hand in WA
- The Myth that Japan is “broke” Huff Post well, no country is ever broke, except in Europe…
- Who’s afraid of the big bad China dragon the most? The Economist no surprises there…
- Expats are leaving The Middle Kingdom Sober Look
- Managing the China downturn down under The Cupboard – yeah like we managed the boom?
- Garnaut’s report on post China boom is gathering support Dad’s Army
- And another critical blow – Santos says Japan’s cut of oil link to LNG will hit gas projects here The Cupboard (locked) this is very bad news
- Whilst the Business Council focuses on public sector job cuts The Cupboard good one fellahs.
- IMF says our banks are too cosy and still big risk to financial system Fairfax probably still say “stress tests=everything is fine” too?
- Misleading Charts 101 Forbes – certain real estate industry types should read this, but probably won’t.
- Hedgies want bigger cut of pie down under AFR good luck with that
Latest posts by MacroBusiness (see all)
- Does Labor want to govern or not? - May 19, 2021
- MB Christmas Special Report: The bell tolls for Australia - December 16, 2019
- MB Q3 Subscribers’ Report: Is Australia’s housing recovery a bull trap? - October 3, 2019