4 months till Christmas – yippee
- 10 Best Central Bankers in the World – Global FInance Magazine via Business Insider. Seems I was wrong the RBA is not the best but second to the Bank of Canada. UE? 😀
- IMF advises delaying austerity till growth returns. Better late than never but I fear its too late – UK Telegraph
- Caterpillar cuts Chinese production – Bloomberg
- Macro Morning will be back on Monday but for now here is Bloomberg’s take on the overnight action
- Fed has scope for more easing – Bernanke via Reuters. He just needs the votes on the FOMC
- Bloomberg’s take on Bernanke’s letter – here
- Underlying weakness in last nights Durable goods release – WSJ Blog
- I don’t know whether Lance Armstrong did or didn’t do it but just like the PM and Slater and Gordon last week and countless others I am sick of the MSM and in many ways the legal system always assuming the accuser is pure and the accused must have done it in matters such as this.
- New York Times on LA dropping his fight – here
- Bloomberg on LA being stripped of the titles – here
- Lance Armstrong stripped – UK Guardian
- New Yorker on LA’s decision not to fight – here
- MANY OF THE RIDERS WHO COULD INHERIT LANCE ARMSTRONG’S TITLES WERE ON THE JUICE – Business Insider
- Merkel backs Samaras on Greece – Bloomberg
- China won’t save the world – Forbes
- Doubts raised over Chinese Stimulus plans – FT
- The only way out for China – Andy Xie via The Big Picture
- Chinese Bridge collapse cause infrastructure concerns – NY Times
- China might be in worse shape than we think – Business Insider. This is a topic we are talking about in Macro Investor this week.
- Tinkler might have pulled out but Whitehaven says the boom will continue – Sky News
- Cards turn on Tinkler the gambler – SMH
- RBA – BHP doesn’t change forecasts. Sky Again
- More projects at risk might change things a little though – AFR
- Mining fears of Chinese Invasion – SMH Nice headline.
- Currency wars take the AUD prisoner – AFR. Yes Indeed, in the current environment it should be mid ’90’s at a minimum, or is that maximum.
- A real working hover bike, cool – Popsci
Latest posts by MacroBusiness (see all)
- Does Labor want to govern or not? - May 19, 2021
- MB Christmas Special Report: The bell tolls for Australia - December 16, 2019
- MB Q3 Subscribers’ Report: Is Australia’s housing recovery a bull trap? - October 3, 2019