- Moment of truth for US grain. Financial Times We have a food crisis: UN Reuters as global food reserves drop Bloomberg
- Moment of truth for global monetary policy. Economist Free Exchange
- Moment of truth for world economic growth. Dani Rodrik in Project Syndicate
- Could Iran court the Taliban to bolster its options? The Diplomat
- And is the Taliban really the source of violence in Central Asia? EurasiaNet
- No recession says Cullen as rail traffic expands Prag Cap
- But nobodys buying stocks – volume down 17% on year ago (seasonally?) ZH
- Surprised? Goldman Sachs employees donate more to Romney than Obama Bloomie
- AAII Sentiment turns bullish first times since May Prag Cap
- Go postal, lose $5 billion Reuters
- US home prices on the way up in “recovery” Bloomberg
- Is austerity good or bad? It’s neither. Jeffrey Frankel in Vox EU
- The German labour market is more volatile than you think. More insights from the brainiacs at Vox EU
- Spanish and Italian bonds fall on ECB enthusiasm waning Bloomie
- Why China’s rise may have already peaked. Minxin Pei in The Diplomat
- Maoist protesters show support for Bo. Financial Times
- Grassy knoll: China admits to large-scale live organ harvesting. Epoch Times
- This time Japan is the source of dodgy infant formula. South China Morning Post
- No wonder they’re not having babies. Japan’s population falls for a third consecutive year. Japan Times
- China’s Yum-Cha economics The Age where have I seen that article before?
- More links in the daily “China Links post”
- Resource curse could be a blessing if properly used. Joseph Stiglitz in Project Syndicate. Stiglitz writes with Africa in mind, but the lessons also apply to Australia.
- Can’t rig the swap rate here, says RBA The Cupboard Phew – so, how about that politico-housing complex rig?
- Big banks competitive enough says Treasury AFR duh…
- Bank funding costs and competition will keep costs high for years The Age
- Diggers need luck, not levies AFR boo hoo
- Newscorp needs luck too, profit slumps on writedowns AFR why does The Doors’ “this is the end” ring a tune here?
- Time for investors to get off the sidelines AFR um, there are no “sidelines” – this is a myth, but a good one for journalists
- Stupidity is on the rise in public debate – Barry Jones Fairfax Indeed – we get the media and politicians we deserve
- Wisconsin teen America’s fastest texter. Chicago Tribune. The new spelling bee?
Latest posts by MacroBusiness (see all)
- Does Labor want to govern or not? - May 19, 2021
- MB Christmas Special Report: The bell tolls for Australia - December 16, 2019
- MB Q3 Subscribers’ Report: Is Australia’s housing recovery a bull trap? - October 3, 2019