Making waves in economic circles earlier this year, Zoltan Pozsar mounted a case for commodities to take over the function of reserve currencies, and an end to Bretton Woods II. The Financial Times profiled him in “Meet Zoltan, the sellside Jules Verne”, highlighting #zoltan has become a trending topic after each post.
In this investment podcast, Nucleus Wealth Chief Investment Officer Damien Klassen, Senior Financial Adviser Samuel Kerr and Chief Strategist David Llewellyn-Smith looked in-depth at his case for why commodities are going to take over from the US dollar, where his arguments hold water and where they don’t.
Agenda: Are commodities the new reserve currency?
- Zoltan the Magnificent on Bretton Woods III
- The rise of Chussia
- Captured commodities
- Creation of a Eurorenminbi market and commodity-backed CNY as undollar reserve
- Flaws in the thesis
- Investment implications
Take us on your daily commute! Podcasts are available on iTunes and all major Android Podcast Platforms for Nucleus Investment Insights.
Samuel Kerr is a Senior Financial Adviser at the MacroBusiness Fund, which is powered by Nucleus Wealth.
The information on this blog contains general information and does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Past performance is not an indication of future performance. Samuel Kerr is an Authorised Representative of Nucleus Advice Pty Limited, Australian Financial Services Licensee 515796. And Nucleus Wealth is a Corporate Authorised Representative of Nucleus Advice Pty Ltd.
- MB Fund Podcast: Seven Things About Higher Yields Your Fund Manager Won’t Tell You - August 4, 2022
- 8 things you need to know about the new superannuation rules - July 29, 2022
- MB Fund Podcast: Disturbing Truths About ASX Valuations - July 28, 2022