In this investment podcast, Nucleus Wealth Senior Financial Adviser Samuel Kerr, Chief Economist Leith van Onselen, and Chief Strategist David Llewellyn-Smith gave an update on the state of the Australian economy that the new government is receiving.
Topics on the agenda today:
- Current economic conditions superficially good (e.g. best labour market in generations).
- Outlook poor due to rising inflation and interest rates.
- Cost of living pressure biting (e.g. petrol, rents, food).
- Lots of factors out of Labor’s control (international re. inflation, RBA re. interest rates).
- Economy set to deteriorate sharply as household consumption dives.
- Labor likely to be blamed when proverbial hits the fan.
- Risks Labor once again being tagged as “poor economic managers”.
Take us on your daily commute! Podcasts are available on iTunes and all major Android Podcast Platforms for Nucleus Investment Insights.
Samuel Kerr is a Senior Financial Adviser at the MacroBusiness Fund, which is powered by Nucleus Wealth.
The information on this blog contains general information and does not take into account your personal objectives, financial situation or needs. Past performance is not an indication of future performance. Samuel Kerr is an Authorised Representative of Nucleus Advice Pty Limited, Australian Financial Services Licensee 515796. And Nucleus Wealth is a Corporate Authorised Representative of Nucleus Advice Pty Ltd.