From The ABS:
Seasonally adjusted estimates for September 2021:
- Unemployment rate increased to 4.6%.
- Participation rate decreased to 64.5%.
- Employment decreased to 12,884,600.
- Employment to population ratio decreased to 61.5%.
- Underemployment rate decreased to 9.2%.
- Monthly hours worked increased by 15 million hours.
The result missed analysts’ expectations of 120,000 job losses, although the unemployment rate beat (expected 4.8%).
I’ll be back later with my detailed report.
- CBA: Exceptional vaccine rollout means stronger economic rebound - October 28, 2021
- Coalition finally admits CGT discount locks FHBs out of housing - October 28, 2021
- Australia’s terms-of-trade to hit new high in Q3 - October 28, 2021