Today’s COVID cases have been released for NSW and Victoria.
There were 444 new locally acquired COVID cases recorded across NSW over the past 24 hours, along with four deaths:
NSW #COVID19 UPDATE – Wednesday 13 October 2021
In the 24-hour reporting period to 8pm last night:
– 90.8% of people aged 16+ have had one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine
– 75.2% of people aged 16+ have had two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine
– 105,508 tests in the last 24 hours pic.twitter.com/EKpOWnUWpS
— NSW Health (@NSWHealth) October 12, 2021
Across Victoria, there were 1571 new COVID cases and 13 deaths:
Reported yesterday: 1,571 new local cases and 1 case acquired overseas.
– 38,072 vaccines administered
– 79,200 test results received
– Sadly, 13 people with COVID-19 have died
— VicGovDH (@VicGovDH) October 12, 2021
The next chart plots daily cases across both states:
Meanwhile, active cases are still rising across Victoria, but falling across NSW:
The percentage of tests across NSW over the past 24 hours that came back positive was only 0.423%, according to COVIDBaseAU:
By contrast, 1.985% of tests across Victoria came back positive:
NSW’s Reff remains below 1.0 at 0.76, which means cases should continue to fall, according to COVIDBaseAU:
By comparison, Victoria’s Reff remains slightly above 1.0 at 1.06, but is falling:
Victoria’s COVID outbreak is clearly much worse, but at least the situation is beginning to improve.
- ALP gains crushing poll lead over Coalition - October 28, 2021
- CBA: Exceptional vaccine rollout means stronger economic rebound - October 28, 2021
- Coalition finally admits CGT discount locks FHBs out of housing - October 28, 2021