As Melburnians awake to another miserable cold Spring day and the 237th day of lockdown, they also learn that Victoria has recorded 847 locally acquired COVID cases and one death:
Reported yesterday: 847 new local cases and 0 cases acquired overseas.
– 37,220 vaccines administered
– 59,342 test results received
– Sadly, 1 person with COVID-19 has died
— VicGovDH (@VicGovDH) September 24, 2021
It was easily the highest daily case number recorded across the state over the pandemic:
Victoria’s daily cases are running way ahead of NSW’s at the same point in their outbreak:
Victoria’s active cases have risen past 7600:
And Victoria’s active cases are running well ahead of NSW’s at the same point in time:
To add final insult to injury, Melbourne has lost the AFL Grand Final for the second consecutive year and residents once again aren’t allowed to watch the match with their mates (or anybody outside their immediate family for that matter).
- Coalition finally admits CGT discount locks FHBs out of housing - October 28, 2021
- Australia’s terms-of-trade to hit new high in Q3 - October 28, 2021
- Gerard Minack: Rebooting immigration will crush wage growth - October 28, 2021