Victoria has recorded 510 new COVID cases over the past 24 hours alongside one death:
Reported yesterday: 510 new local cases and 1 new case acquired overseas (currently in HQ).
– 43,993 vaccines administered
– 55,476 test results received
– Sadly, 1 person with COVID-19 has died
— VicGovDH (@VicGovDH) September 16, 2021
Most were mystery cases. Of the 510 local cases, only 124 have so far been linked to known cases and outbreaks.
The next chart plots Victoria’s local cases, which continue to trend higher:
Victoria’s daily cases continue to run well ahead of NSW’s at the same point in their outbreak:
Victoria now has nearly 4700 active local cases:
And their cases are running ahead of NSW’s at the same point in their outbreak:
At least us long suffering Melburnians can now enjoy a picnic in the park or shoot some hoops over the weekend. Be grateful for small mercies.
- ALP gains crushing poll lead over Coalition - October 28, 2021
- CBA: Exceptional vaccine rollout means stronger economic rebound - October 28, 2021
- Coalition finally admits CGT discount locks FHBs out of housing - October 28, 2021