The Victorian Department of Health has reported another 10 locally acquired cases over the past 24 hours.
However, like the prior three days, all cases were linked to existing outbreaks and were in quarantine throughout their infectious period. Thus, they pose minimal risk to the community.
The next chart shows that new locally-acquired cases in Victoria continue to trend lower:
According to the media, Victoria will exit from lockdown at midnight tonight as follows:
- Schools, shops, gyms hairdressers and beauticians will reopen, while the 5km travel limit is set to be axed;
- Restaurants, bars, cafes, pubs, gyms, hairdressers and beauty will be restricted by a density quotient of 1 person per 4 sqm, with patron caps also applying.
- Workers will be able to return to the office – at a maximum 25% of capacity or 10 people, whichever is greater.
- Community sport will return with caps.
- Masks will still be mandatory indoors and outdoors.
- Public outdoor gatherings will be limited to 10 people.
Good news for us lockdown fatigued Victorians.