From Liberal Party insider Niki Savva:
- Keeping tarnished MPs will cost the government. Morrison should have sacked Reynolds, Porter to backbench and Laming to crossbench.
- Should have privately offered to meet Brittany Higgins not publically.
- Labor sees Josh Frydenberg as a greater threat than Morrison.
- But no challenge is coming.
- Morrison sloganeering has cheapened gender debate from the beginning and still is.
- Morrison should still go to an early election if his “fake rape” [my label] reboot stabilises things.
Very sensible stuff, except the last line which must be a joke. Things will not stabilise. The rape war will not end until the election.
Might as well stay in power as long as possible, therefore, to corrupt policy enough to ease your passage into a post-politics private sector sinecure.
Though doing so does risk you becoming unemployable owing to a permanent gender smear.