• In seasonally adjusted terms, the IVI increased by 11.1% (or 17,500 job advertisements) over the year to January 2021.
• Job advertisements increased in six of the eight broad occupational groups over the year. The strongest gains were recorded for Labourers, up by 50.7% (or 4,800 job advertisements). The 14,200 job advertisements for Labourers in January is the highest level of recruitment activity in the occupational group
for more than eight years.
• Job advertisements increased in all states and both territories over the year to January 2021. Tasmania recorded the strongest increase in recruitment activity over the year (up by 36.6% or 550 job advertisements).
• In seasonally adjusted terms, the IVI increased by 1.6% (or 2,800 job advertisements) in January 2021.
• This represents the ninth consecutive monthly increase in recruitment activity recorded by the series.
• Job advertisements rose across seven of the eight broad occupational groups as well as four of the five skill level groups during January 2021. This reflects the increasing range of opportunities currently available to job seekers.
• Recruitment activity increased in four states and both territories over the month. Western Australia recorded the strongest increase over the month, up by 6.4% (or 1,300 job advertisements).
Decent but growth slowing. Full report.