If Morrison is riding so high on his virus response then why this?
An exclusive Newspoll conducted for The Australian shows the Coalition maintaining its election-winning lead despite a narrowing of the two-party-preferred vote to 51-49 per cent.
If it were not for Labor’s China problem, I’d be tempted to install them as favourites for the next election:
- the Depressionberg Unstimulus is an unfolding economic disaster;
- a majority of Labor state leaders killed the virus not federal;
- the Biden Administration will shift climate change to the forefront of policy globally;
- Labor has better policy than the Coalition on just about every front bar China;
- Morrison himself is vulnerable owing to a missing empathy gene.
Who knows? If a Biden America triggers a little China thaw then there might be a brief window for the empty chair to clamber through.