Via the ABS Labour Force release just now:
SEASONALLY ADJUSTED ESTIMATES
- Employment increased 111,000 to 12,583,400 people. Full-time employment increased 36,200 to 8,584,500 people and part-time employment increased 74,800 to 3,998,900 people.
- Unemployment decreased 86,500 to 921,800 people.
- Unemployment rate decreased 0.7 pts to 6.8%.
- Underemployment rate remained steady at 11.2%.
- Underutilisation rate decreased 0.7 pts to 18.0%.
- Participation rate increased by 0.1 pts to 64.8%.
- Monthly hours worked in all jobs increased 1.6 million hours to 1,683.4 million hours.
AUD jumps on a completely false signal. The ABS should be quietly taken out the back and shot.
More to come.