Via the ABS just now:
- Employment increased by 20,000 to 12,996,700 people. Full-time employment increased by 14,600 to 8,879,300 people and part-time employment increased by 5,400 to 4,117,300 people.
- Unemployment increased by 600 to 709,600 people.
- Unemployment rate remained steady at 5.2%.
- Participation rate remained steady at 66.0%.
- Monthly hours worked in all jobs increased by 0.9 million hours to 1,785.5 million hours.
SEASONALLY ADJUSTED ESTIMATES
- Employment increased by 13,500 to 12,995,400 people. Full-time employment increased by 46,200 to 8,882,200 people and part-time employment decreased by 32,700 to 4,113,300 people.
- Unemployment increased by 31,000 to 725,900 people.
- Unemployment rate increased by 0.2 pts to 5.3%.
- Participation rate increased by 0.1 pts to 66.1%.
- Monthly hours worked in all jobs decreased by 8.1 million hours to 1,781.8 million hours.
- The monthly trend underemployment rate remained steady at 8.5%. The monthly underutilisation rate remained steady at 13.7%.
- The monthly seasonally adjusted underemployment rate increased by 0.3 pts to 8.6%. The monthly underutilisation rate increased by 0.5 pts to 13.9%.
Some jobs. Hours worked weak. Participation up. Most importantly, underemployment jumped, ending wages growth.
RBA humiliation complete but the Aussie dollar doesn’t care. It’s actually up from this morning.
More to come.