It’s kind of pathetic to watch the agony of the left as it fights its own failure still wearing a self-imposed straight jacket.
Leftie media writhed through every excuse under the Sun:
- it was Murdoch’s fault says Rudd, wrote Bianca Hall
- working classes love their tax lurks, wrote David Crowe
- inner city globalisation winners lost working class globalisation losers, wrote Matt Wade
- it was coal and God that cost Labor, says Michael Koziol
- it was coal and Clive, screamed Mike Seccombe
- they weren’t left enough, bellowed Guy Rundle
- progressives are boosting fascists, howled Bernard Keane
- blame God, genuflected Jennine Khalik
- will nobody think of the women, cried Amy Remeikis
- It was all about hate, opined Peter Hartcher
- It was all about love, crooned Annabelle Crabb
Rightie media wasn’t much better:
There are 954 words left in this subscriber-only article.