Labour Force for April is out and unemployment is lifting again:
- Employment increased 22,600 to 12,501,000. Full-time employment increased 32,700 to 8,543,400 and part-time employment decreased 10,000 to 3,957,700.
- Unemployment increased 10,600 to 741,000. The number of unemployed persons looking for full-time work decreased 17,100 to 506,100 and the number of unemployed persons only looking for part-time work increased 27,600 to 234,900.
- Unemployment rate increased by 0.1 pts to 5.6%.
- Participation rate increased by 0.1 pts to 65.6%.
- Monthly hours worked in all jobs increased 19.4 million hours (1.11%) to 1,764.0 million hours.
Not bad numbers but the trend in unemployment is changing to up as the Botox Boom peaks and the people keep on coming.
Much more to come.