Australian energy policy 101.
- Build enormous LNG plants for export only, reserving none of the cheap energy locally? Check
- Actively discourage any renewable energy production while heavily subsidising dirty coal power plants? Check
- Sell off publicly owned energy utilities to private sector who then gold plate it for excess profit? Check
- Household energy bills rising at three times the rate of inflation even as energy production prices and demand for electricity reduce? Check
- Create a situation where the world’s cheapest energy sources for local manufacturing are now some of the most expensive? Check
Next level – can’t even get energy to run the dwindling number of factories.
Australian manufacturers are struggling to get a hold of enough gas, Industry Minister Greg Hunt warns.
Manufacturers have warned of a crunch point in supply from mid-2017 to late-2018.
Mr Hunt said he would not speculate on how the supply will be divided between industry and homes.
Well done Australia. Your energy policy is a bloody laughing stock of the world.
Keep cracking down on those welfare cheats though – that’s tough work.