- Youth unemployment highest since WWII. Time
- Income bugs the consumer. Reuters Yep
- Week ahead for the Dow. Calculated Risk
- Magazine cover indicator screams sell. Barrons
- The Campaign for National Ignorance ramps up. Nasty, neeeeargative media.
- Sydney auction clearance rate collapses. SMH But don’t worry, increased supply of auctions shows a healthy market. And no doubt WWIII would be good too. Put these two stories together for a good laugh.
- Other banks to hike. SMH
- RBA bailed out BankWest. SMH
- Insolvencies jump. The Cupboard
- Jennings hammered. The Cupboard
- RBA didn’t cut because jobs are booming. David Uren Today’s must read. This is surely a leak which is interesting in itself. I could and have lined up a much bigger number of other marginal indicators showing the jobs market is worse than it looks.
- Bank bills best rate predictor. AFR
- Markets star predicts doom for boom. AFR
- Bouris and Joye argue beautifully that the banks should pay. AFR And they’re right. But their solution – guarantee – everybody, including themselves, like Canada – is very disturbing. Canada also has a housing bubble. Moreover, call a public inquiry instead of letting the interests hog the debate.
- Magazine sales plummet. AFR